The Malawi Law Society (the Society), a dynamic body corporate established under the Legal Education and Legal Practitioners Act, Cap. 3:04 of the Laws of Malawi, to inter alia represent, protect and assist legal practitioners as regards conditions of practice and to protect and assist the public in Malawi on all matters touching, ancillary or, incidental to the law invites applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the vacancy listed below:
The Intern will be responsible for assisting in project implementation and complaints handling.
- Assist in conducting a thorough review of all complaints against legal practitioners filed with the Society.
- Assist in maintaining an up to date comprehensive list of complaints including a summary of the complaint, when it was lodged, and action taken to date.
- Assist in making recommendations to the President and/or the Chairperson of the Disciplinary Committee regarding each complaint.
- Assist in maintaining effective and efficient communication with complainants against members.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing donor funded projects within the approved parameters of specific projects.
- Assist in carrying out such other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director
- Possess a minimum of a Diploma in Law, Education, Project Management or related qualification from a recognised University.
- Those with experience in project management or complaints handling will have an added advantage.
- Have good analytical and writing skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Packages including Word and Excel.
- Should be able to start working immediately.
The successful candidate will be offered a renewable internship of six months tenable at Malawi Law Society secretariat in Blantyre.
Malawi Law Society
2nd Floor, Right Wing
P.O. Box 1712
To reach the Society not later than 7th November, 2018.
Only short listed persons will be acknowledged.